Sunday, October 4, 2009

Painted Horses




There are 55 fiberglass horse on display around downtown Ogden, the above photos where taken off of just four of the horses. They started to commisson artist last year with a lot fewer horses, and it appears that they also repaint the horses every year. Joseph Dougherty says, "They grace Ogden as a reminder of its rodeo heritage". The horse are on display from July 3 to Oct 1.

The photo of the indian came from a horse titled "Earth, Wind & Fire" created by Ron Harvey & Geri Magdiel.

The photo of the 66 Mustang came from a horse titled "Horse Power - 66 Mustang" created by Jasey Colunga.

The Red football player photo came from a horse titled "Partnerships Through Time" created by Wendy Dimick.

The yellow helmet biker came from a horse titled "Healthy as a Horse" created by Wendy Dimick.

2 comments:

  1. You're creating little photo essays from everywhere you go these days. Quite impressive. As I've said numerous times, your photography just keeps getting better and better. -- Carol Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You have been a great teacher to me. Your photo blog and journal idea has impressed me and give me the idea to express more of my self. I know that is why I like you blog, and I hope more people will like mine because of what I share of my photos and my self.

    ReplyDelete