Sunday, June 14, 2009

Parts is Parts Water Fountain













Went to the Eccles Community Art Center at 2580 Jefferson Ave, Ogden, Utah. In the art center plaza is a fountain a gift from Robert and Sally Arway, the fountain was designed in 2001 by Terry Combe Johnson. I decided to do a "parts is parts" on the fountain. Parts is parts is a concept taught by my online photo instructor Carol Leigh, it is about really looking at and studying the object your going to photograph. The object is to take as many good photographs of the object as you can, then choose ten of the photos that conveys the essence of the object, and share them. © Dale Wing

2 comments:

  1. Well done! I particularly like the photos where the heads are sort of offset, although the centered shots are good, too. Ha! Just to drive you nuts . . . what about shooting just the eyes? "The Fountain As Eye See It?" :-) Carol Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, that is something to think about. I know of a bunch of stuff I left out that I could have taken photos of, here are a few that I thought of the water, I could have did 1/30 of a second photos of the water falling in different places, I didn't get photos of all the different flowers, I brought a ladder but didn't use it. I could have taken more different angles of the fountain. Maybe I'll have to take another ten photos;)
    Dale

    ReplyDelete